How to secure your funds
To avoid losing your funds, the general rules for dealing with cryptocurrencies apply. The most important of them being:
1. Do not store large amounts of money on exchanges, but in your local wallet
2. Encrypt your wallet, either by encrypting the wallet file itself, or by storing it in an encrypted container of some sort
3. Do not forget your encryption password!
4. Back up your encrypted wallet to multiple places (see "How to back up your wallet").
5. Keep your system secure. Use a dedicated system for running your crypto wallets if possible
To encrypt your wallet using the inbuilt functionality, go to "Wallet Encryption" -> "Encrypt Wallet" and type in your password.